Getting Ready for Spring : )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Getting Ready for Spring Flowers :)

Our "last frost date" is roughly between Feb 1 - Feb 10 and the green house plants should be ready to come out in about 4 weeks or so. I'm hoping for the same for the cuttings. I will spend a week or so hardening as needed.

About half of the seeds are typical annual and perennial flowers and about half are Water Wise - Drought Tolerant. There are roughly 28 varieties Water Wise - Drought Tolerant and about 30 varieties of your typical annual and perennials. A large number of the Water Wise - Drought Tolerant are also native. Almost half overall are also flowers that can be cut.

I'm increase my focus on Water Wise, Drought Tolerant and Natives this year. Some will go into a bed and some will go into pots and containers and some I'll give away. The opposite side bench is where some of the potted ones that I will be keeping and observing will go.

Cuttings are something I want to improve my skills with, prior effort have been a little erratic. I'm going to pace things and just do a few a week or so and pay more attention to what I'm doing and how the existing cuttings are doing. Here I have Lavender, Lion's Tail, Sage and Butterfly Bush cuttings.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I am also waiting for sowing and cuttings. But it is possible to have in February indoors. In the garden I plant grown plants in late May. Demonstrate a sequel!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
@Greenhorn, do you have any particular hints about starting Lavender please. Two years running I've had almost complete failure. I've just checked my current cuttings for roots and only one can be considered 'under way' from 22 I potted. I'm now considering trying them in water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
I can't wait for spring. I hate cold weather! @Greenhorn , quite the greenhouse you got there, congratulations!!

Reaction score
The Spring Season had always been my favourite season because of the cheery blossom flowers. That is why I am already excited because the season is already coming..:):love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
Speaking of cherry blossoms, is there any way to grow a cherry blossom tree from seed/cuttings? That is probably my biggest gardening goal, to have one of those trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
@Greenhorn VERY jealous that you are starting your gardening for the year! I still have MONTHS to wait! Please continue to share your progress.

Ask a Question