Garlic, the wonder crop

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
We also grow garlic. In a good season, our garlic harvest is enough for us for the entire year. We plant garlic in September or October and harvest in March or April. If we are unable to produce enough garlic during the harvest, we also plant garlic around the year and use garlic leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
We plant it in September and harwest in August. I cook pies with garlic. cilantro, green onions, cheese and dill. This pie smells delicious!

Reaction score
I love garlic and I'd like to have it as an addition to the plants in my backyard garden. I love its pungent smell and the many health benefits that come with consuming garlic regularly. It's good for the heart, a powerful antioxidant,and anti-inflammatory, too. My grandfather chewed raw garlic to lower his blood pressure and he lived to his late 90s. I've long wanted to plant garlic because it is expensive here all year round. Local produce is even more expensive than the ones imported from counties such as Taiwan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Garlic is such an easy crop to grow, in my opinion. If there isn't anything else in my garden during fall, I make sure there's some bulbs planted, and when it's time to harvest, there's enough to get me to next fall.

I cook with garlic a lot. From adding it in homemade spaghetti sauce, pesto, salad dressings, bread and many other dishes.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
We plant garlic during the fall. And at this time of the year we are ready to plant garlic. Usually, we plant two kilos of garlic and the produce will fulfill our needs for the entire year. We use garlic in vegetable curry as well as meat dishes. We also use garlic in many home remedies. You don't need a large piece of land to grow garlic, it can be grown in your backyard easily.

Ask a Question