Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
14 August 2018 Raw Garlic.Processed
Posted on August 14, 2018 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2018/August 2018/14 August 2018 Raw Garlic.Processed/HTML/14 August 2018 Raw Garlic.Processed
To obtain full benefits from ingesting garlic it must be raw and crushed. This is my method of processing. A tortilla press is used to remove the skins and do the initial crushing. The garlic is then put through a Champion Juicer. The juice and pulp are then mixed and placed in a freezing container. One cube is ingested daily. Benefits who knows?

dsc_0653_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I never thought of growing my own garlic. I think I'm going to have to research that

Garlic is the easiest cultivar to grow. They even do well dispersed in a flower bed. Simply push a clove into the ground in October and forget it for about a year. Harvest the following year in July. You will have one bulb of about 4 to 8 cloves. I usually plant around 100 cloves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 and 4
Country
United States
Garlic is the easiest cultivar to grow. They even do well dispersed in a flower bed. Simply push a clove into the ground in October and forget it for about a year. Harvest the following year in July. You will have one bulb of about 4 to 8 cloves. I usually plant around 100 cloves.
What kind of soil?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I have clay much modified with city compost. Good drainage is essential. If in water the cloves will rot.

Ask a Question