Garlic, nature's antibiotic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Spagetti and meat balls just aren't the same without garlic. And my dogs would have a lot more fleas
A teeny tiny piece of garlic can ruin any meal for me. I love spaghetti, but I wouldn't touch it if somebody added garlic to it:p I prefer onions:) There is nothing as yummy as pasta with fried onions and cheese.
I've never tried to use garlic on my dog. Does it scare off ticks too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A teeny tiny piece of garlic can ruin any meal for me. I love spaghetti, but I wouldn't touch it if somebody added garlic to it:p I prefer onions:) There is nothing as yummy as pasta with fried onions and cheese.
I've never tried to use garlic on my dog. Does it scare off ticks too?
Yes, it does.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Garlic is not one of my favorite foods but I do like garlic on spaghetti and garlic bread. I have an red onion that has sprouted that I am going to plant it is in the window sill right now. I have never grown an onion before.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Garlic is not one of my favorite foods but I do like garlic on spaghetti and garlic bread. I have an red onion that has sprouted that I am going to plant it is in the window sill right now. I have never grown an onion before.
Save your time. An onion that has sprouted will not make an onion. If you are lucky it might make an oversized scallion. All it will do is flower and make seeds which you can capture and plant later

Reaction score
We already eat too many antibiotics when we eat the meat we but at the store anyway...

Uhm, and they still wonder why bacteria and viruses in general are getting stronger and stronger? Yikes! This isn't alright. I was actually told that eating shrimps was a bad idea, because most of the times shrimps are highly contaminated with antibiotics. Most of the time the people who raise them gives them antibiotics just in case., it varies from country to country tho, but that's how it is in most cases.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, it does.
Then I must give it a try:) I hope my dog doesn't hate garlic as much as I do! We have a big problem with ticks this year, they're everywhere:( I bought a special dog collar for my Yorkie that is supposed to scare off all insects, but it doesn't really work.

Reaction score
I would love to grow some garlic as well, but I have just started out so it's just on my long list of things to grow.

I could eat garlic raw, easily. I do this frequently, but the only downside is that it makes me wreak!

Reaction score
I don't know but my meal is not complete without a peg of garlic; i take garlic for almost every ailment. Whenever I have a cold i will use the garlic with honey two times per day and it does work. I also suffer from hypertension so now and then i will swallow a piece of garlic to get it lowered. Garlic is a miracle plant for me; I have yield it's many benefits.(y)

Reaction score
Once I had a dental abcess and needed a temporary fix until I could see a dentist. I chewed raw garlic and it did make the inflammation from the abcess go down until I could see a dentist.

Ask a Question