Garlic...love it or hate it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Garlic! I just love it! Once there is garlic in my kitchen it's a sure thing i'll be using it in all my dishes...i especially love to taste it in my shrimp...and when i am suffering from a bad cold a hot cup of garlic tea usually do the trick.
When I was a kid, my mother used to make garlic tea for me whenever I felt sick. I hated it;) Drinking it was like a nightmare. I can't stand the taste of garlic, I think I might be allergic to it.
Now, when I suffer from a sore throat, I drink raspberry tea with honey:)

Reaction score
When I was a kid, my mother used to make garlic tea for me whenever I felt sick. I hated it;) Drinking it was like a nightmare. I can't stand the taste of garlic, I think I might be allergic to it.
Now, when I suffer from a sore throat, I drink raspberry tea with honey:)

Claudine i can understand you not like the taste of garlic tea as it has a very strong flavour but i guess after drinking overtime i just get to fall in love with it and the best part is it has lot of medicinal properties.

Reaction score
I just found out three weeks ago that I'm allergic to garlic among a couple of other foods. I would eat alot of garlic included foods up until three weeks ago. I since stay away from them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine i can understand you not like the taste of garlic tea as it has a very strong flavour but i guess after drinking overtime i just get to fall in love with it and the best part is it has lot of medicinal properties.
I wish I could fall in love with it too. I know that garlic is very healthy. My grandfather eats it every day and he has never had any serious health problems:) Garlic is a natural antibiotic. Unfortunately, I hate it very much:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I love garlic. I know it has many health benefits like being an antiinfective, good for reduction of blood pressure, works against the common cold, and has a lot of minerals that we need. I know it does not taste well alone, however, you can use it with honey as a natural cough syrup. I like to crush about 6-8 cloves and put them in a jar with about a cup of honey then let it stay in the fridge for a few weeks, then at the hint of a cold, I use a teaspoonful twice a day. Works well to get me back to full health quicker.

Reaction score
I love garlic because of the taste and amazing health benefits. Garlic bread is totally my favorite and it goes great with spaghetti or any other pasta dish. I really enjoy cooking with garlic so I make sure to always have it in my kitchen. I'm into all natural cures and garlic is definitely on my list when it comes to that.

Reaction score
I like garlic in most any form. I use a teaspoon of powdered garlic in my pizza crust and breads. Minced refrigerated garlic in pasta and whole crushed garlic in soups. Powder is the same thing but you can't cook it for an extended length of time. If you forget to add garlic early you can use powder at the last minute. It will add a very good flavor.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love garlic, sometimes I just eat the cloves of garlic. Clears your sinuses, clears your chest and just makes your body feel great. I also use garlic in the majority of marinades I make.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never met an allium I didn't like, and that includes garlic. A world without garlic would be really bland. Garlic is so zesty and alive!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Garlic is fantastic for adding flavour as well ;). I'm a huge garlic lover, and the fact that it has such beneficial properties and nutrients just makes it that much better.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I love garlic. I love munching on fried crispy garlic chips which can be bought on groceries here in my place. I ate it the way I eat fried peanuts while watching TV. But I hate the smell it leaves on my mouth.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I love garlic so much I add it to everything. I even often eat them raw in salads! It just has such a strong, pungent flavor that makes everything taste so much better. It is annoying how it stays on your breath but it doesn't bother me, just those around me. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Globulon, I agree that garlic is a wonderful herb! We grow a lot of it, and I've found that putting garlic cloves and just a bit of vegetable (not olive) oil in a food processor gives you wonderful garlic puree to use in dishes when you don't want bits of garlic. The puree is the consistency of thick paste.
We also use fresh, frozen, and dried garlic.
If those around you are disturbed by the garlic smell on your breath, chew a few leaves of parsley after ingesting garlic. It removes the odor and tastes good, too!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Globulon, I agree that garlic is a wonderful herb! We grow a lot of it, and I've found that putting garlic cloves and just a bit of vegetable (not olive) oil in a food processor gives you wonderful garlic puree to use in dishes when you don't want bits of garlic. The puree is the consistency of thick paste.
We also use fresh, frozen, and dried garlic.
If those around you are disturbed by the garlic smell on your breath, chew a few leaves of parsley after ingesting garlic. It removes the odor and tastes good, too!

That's a clever way of processing garlic, marlingardener. I'll definitely have to try it sometimes. In some dishes I do wish I had more of a garlic paste rather than diced chunks. I've tried using garlic presses before but I find they just waste so much of the good stuff!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I absolutely adore garlic! Not only does it taste great but has great health benefits too. I use it all the time in my cooking since you can't really go wrong with using it.

Ask a Question