Garden Art

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Does anyone else here enjoy doing art inspired by their gardens?

This is a rose and thistle I did in colored pencils ... I love botanical art, wish I had more time to do it!!

12472345_10209383471088580_3308521923494641135_n_zpsiwqk51ae.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is so pretty and you're talented. I used to love drawing, but then my wrists have tendonitis, so I am limited.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, that's awesome! I love the thistles in particular (y)

I got into painting a couple of years ago, but haven't done any flowers yet. I've done some fruit and veg though :)

Onions.JPG

Lemon and tea.JPG

Oranges and jugs.jpg

I know what you mean about finding it difficult to make time for art. There aren't enough hours in the day!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Becky and Natalie all I can say is wow! You two are really talented. I can make just about anything out of wood but could never begin to paint anything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Becky those are great!!
Becky and Natalie all I can say is wow! You two are really talented. I can make just about anything out of wood but could never begin to paint anything.

Thanks both! Still got a long way to go but learning everyday.

@NatalieW we should keep this topic updated with our work if it's garden related :)

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I own an herbal beauty business, so my main art is what I make from my herbs and flowers directly ~ I distill a lot of them, mostly roses and witch hazel ... and also make perfumes and creams right from my gardens as well as tonics, soaps etc... it is certainly an art of its own that I enjoy doing... some of my pics

Rose soap made with various rose petals
il_570xN.842625550_lg9w_zpsezka1d6p.jpg

Salve made with herbs from my herb garden

wound_zpsse3o1uej.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's always nice seeing works of art about nature and stuff like that. Too many modern art these days focus on just squiggly lines, adding a splash of paint here and there, and calling it art, selling it for millions. It's nice to actually find someone who actually appreciates art, and doing it because they want to, not because they are looking to gain a profit, or gaining fame as a stepping stone to greater things. Kudos to you, and I really like green paintings. They just feel so relaxing, right?

Ask a Question