Fungus (probably) on carob tree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello everyone,
I have an issue with a young carob tree I've germinated this year. Its leaves are wilting from the top and appear to be "burnt". I believe it's a fungal disease, but I'm not sure. Any advices? I'd be grateful for any help.
20231207_150958.jpg

20231207_151020.jpg

20231207_151041.jpg

20231207_151049.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't think it is a fungal problem. I think it is overwatered. Fungal diseases almost always show spots and in most cases also show halos around the spots. Overwatering and underwatering both cause burnt looking leaf margins. Carob trees are adapted to needing very little water and come from arid regions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't think it is a fungal problem. I think it is overwatered. Fungal diseases almost always show spots and in most cases also show halos around the spots. Overwatering and underwatering both cause burnt looking leaf margins. Carob trees are adapted to needing very little water and come from arid regions.
Thank you.
It's quite likely that you're right because this plant needs repotiing (it has already sent roots through drainage holes in the bottom of its pot)

Ask a Question