From Ontario Canada

Reaction score
Hi everyone!,

Glad to find you! I'm 51 year old man that's never been really green in the thumb but is trying! My wife is truly the gardening genius. Her forte is flowers and herbs. This year we planted a good sized vegetable garden. I'm hoping (more like desperately praying!) to be eating LOTS of fresh veggies this year! Last year was just ok. This year I really hope to eat well! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone AND reading up on lots of tips!!

Thanks!
Tim

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Tim! Great to have you here (y)

What have you got growing in your vegetable garden?

Reaction score
Hi Becky! We have onions, tomatoes (both beefsteak and cherry), Red and green peepers. and of COURSE Jalepneo! :) AS well we grow a ton of Kale which is pretty easy to take care of. Last year I forgot to pull the "suckers" from the tomato plants that we had potted. Won't do that mistake again! We had very few nice ones. With the bigger garden I'm expecting lots of nice fresh tomatos this year! Is there such a thing as "suckers" on pepper plants as well?
And beets...lots of beets! Nothing beats beets! lol. They are a great veg! The tops are just as good as spiniach!

Ask a Question