Forum Upgrade

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
All of your bookmarked posts should be there :). I really like this new feature.

I'm going to love this new feature!! :D

Sorry about that, I've increased this limit to 1 week now :)

Thank you!! :love: (-> Still not sure about this new smilie... It looks more "lovey" than I intend.)

I do keep coming back to it every time I make changes to see if I can fix things though, and this is on the big "fix" list ;).

:eek: I spoke too soon. It no longer works when I hover my cursor over it.

This is picky, (and maybe it's just me,) but is it possible to have the smilies open in a box across the bottom the way they used to? I usually go back and add them after I have written my post, and if the place I want them is under the drop down menu, it's confusing. o_O

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This is picky, (and maybe it's just me,) but is it possible to have the smilies open in a box across the bottom the way they used to? I usually go back and add them after I have written my post, and if the place I want them is under the drop down menu, it's confusing. o_O

Sadly that's not something I can change, as the developers have changed how the editor works quite substantially. I would love to be able to help on this one, but it would be such a huge job for me to code for a relatively small change. You never know, maybe the forum developers will put it back to how it used to be :LOL:.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta. Sure it was not there when I needed it last week with the overly religious offering which appeared.

We got that one (y)

Might have been offline during the upgrade :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll see if I can make some progress on this tomorrow Sheal :). I tried last week, but it broke too many things - but I think I've got an idea on how to change the contrast. I'll try and get some progress made on this by friday.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Can you please try going to the preferences page and then select the "dark" style please:

https://www.gardening-forums.com/account/preferences

I will work on tweaking it tomorrow, but I think it's likely the best I'll be able to get without breaking the site template too much. Does that work any better for you? Let me know if there are any tweaks if not :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Ian, I'm using Google or Bing currently. I'm trying out a different set up at the moment so this could change to just Google soon.

I've changed to the dark style, thanks. This is an improvement but a little lighter in shade would be preferable please. :) Sorry to be awkward! If you would like to know more about the eye problems I have I'm quite happy to give you details via PM. I also currently have my screen brightness reduced to 25% as unfortunately other internet sites, email etc. have white backgrounds.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm more than happy to do what I can to help :). I've made some tweaks now, is that any better for you? If you want it lighter still it's not a problem, I'm happy to keep trying till we get it right :D.

Ask a Question