Flower Pots

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Do you ever use regular pots or designed pots like these?

pott.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I don't like pots like the one in the picture. My apartment is simple and modern, so a pot with colorful flowers on it would look really weird here.
My favorite pots were bought in IKEA. They're made of galvanised steel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I have a few different pots like that on a ladder ledge thing out the front of my house. I have mostly succulents planted in them, and the pots are a range of different colors because I just love brightening up the space outside. Plus I can fit quite a few pots on the ladder ledge so it's good from a space saving point of view too :)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Unless it's inside the house and they have a uniform design, I don't see why you should get (probably more expensive) detailed pots for your flowers outside your house. The classic brown pot is great, and it's certainly invisible enough to let the plants take center stage, instead of these detailed pots grabbing attention from the plants themselves. But I agree, they look good, but if they have different designs and colors, it would just create chaos and would look terrible in the eyes.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Regular clay pots would be nicer on colorful blooms but pots with designs would be awesome for regular indoor plants. It would definitely add charm to your home. Sometimes we don't buy pots anymore and put them on various other unlikely containers like plastic food containers, glass bowls,the holes on hollow blocks and cut up plastic bottles. I'm thinking of starting a hanging herb garden and smaller containers would be very handy. They can easily be strung up and hanged by the garden.

Reaction score
In my home country we are using regular pots for our outdoor plants and flowering plants. But for our indoor plants we used simple colored pots with no design to make the plants looks more attractive when they are put inside the house. Ceramic colored pots are awesome to use because it is simple and easy to place in any corner of the house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We use few pots in our house. None are decorated
Orchids are in clear plastic pots.
We've these ceramic ones I turned into hanging baskets.

P1040459.JPG

We've well over a dozen dark green Apta pots on the patios containing roses. They hopefully don't distract the eye from their contents.

P1000233.JPG

The hebes in the wooden troughs are in green plastic pots which can't be seen.

P1000235.JPG

Plus a couple of feature plants in large black plastic tubs.

P1000175.JPG

We've a larger Apta pot outside the front door. This is for a couple of plants in plastic pots as we change them around.

P1050952.JPG

P1050990.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
@Sean Regan, What is an Apta pot?

It's a brand name. Some garden centres in the UK sell them. They are glazed ceramic and come with a ten year guarantee.
They are a bit expensive now, about £37 for the size we have.
They, at least, are a regular range, we bought them over a number of years.
When we first started buying them, they were two for £40.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A flowerpot, planter, planter, or plant pot, is a container in which flowers and other plants are cultivated and displayed. With a rounded shape, tapering inwards. Flowerpots are now often made from plastic, metal, wood, stone or sometimes even biodegradable materials. The pots are a range of different colors because I just love to brighten up the outdoors.

1676627826083.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We like pots.

We have glazed ceramic pots made by Apta.
I like uniformity. So they are all green. They are unaffected by below zero temperatures.

We have sixteen of them for roses on two patios.

View attachment 94327

View attachment 94328

Plus this larger one by the front door for either an azalea, lavender, or any other specimen plant of our choice in plastic pot so we can ring the changes.

View attachment 94329

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Checked on 'arry the hedgehog today. But he wasn't in his house.
I suspect he may be under the tea-house, it's possibly warmer under there as my two jukeboxes are in there and they both have 60w heaters in them which at the moment are on 24/7.

Ask a Question