40 Ideas to Dress Up Terra Cotta Flower Pots

Reaction score
I found a really wonderful article yesterday, I love decorating and such and I know some folks over here are into that :) As the title says this article gives you 40 different ideas to ''dress up'' your terra cotta flower pots. Here is the link to that article: http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2012...lanter-crafts-saturday-inspiration-ideas.html

And here are some of my fav ideas from that article:

cf0650b3.jpg

0e68ce43.jpg

8e03cbb1.jpg

5c8a92ce.jpg

0def1009.jpg

af9a69ef.jpg

It turns out you can get as creative as you like with those flower pots :LOL: :love:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those are some really interesting ideas that can add color and interest to the yard and patio. Now that Spring is here I will be using some of those ideas. My pots took a beating during the winter, many will have to be replaced.

Reaction score
Those are lovely. My favorites are the purple tie dye one in the first photo and the mosaic one. Since I don't have a private balcony at my current apartment, I can't do anything too fancy with my pots. There's a little girl that likes to roller skate past my front doorstep and I can picture her skating right into my plant pots and breaking them, so I've been using plastic ones.

Reaction score
I love the naturally dyed purple pot and the moss covered pots. I also have a lot of seashells so I may make a few of those, this seems like a fun spring project and I like it because I can use it to liven up my small garden. Last year I made small-medium glitter pots for a bridal shower, they took some time and were a little messy but they looked great and were fun things for people to take home.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! Those are some gorgeous ideas, and I can't wait to read the rest of the article to get even more ideas. It's so nice to be able to make these types of things yourself; it just feels so much more personal, and you can make sure that it truly matches your home décor.

Reaction score
I'm glad I could help, Linda :) You are right, those ideas are wonderful, some are more wonderful than others, but I bet all of them are equally fun DIY projects! Looking forward to trying that in the future :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found a really wonderful article yesterday, I love decorating and such and I know some folks over here are into that :) As the title says this article gives you 40 different ideas to ''dress up'' your terra cotta flower pots. Here is the link to that article: http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2012...lanter-crafts-saturday-inspiration-ideas.html

And here are some of my fav ideas from that article:

cf0650b3.jpg

0e68ce43.jpg

8e03cbb1.jpg

5c8a92ce.jpg

0def1009.jpg

af9a69ef.jpg

It turns out you can get as creative as you like with those flower pots :LOL: :love:
Trellum,
That is a great post about how to dress up plain Terra Cotta pots! Thx for sharing!

Ask a Question