First hummingbird of the year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
~pout~ I haven't seen any hummers this year yet. I am not even sure if it is spring yet. Its either extremely cold (still freezing at night) or really hot (today is already starting out a scorcher). Its ridiculous. We had some beautiful lush green grass coming up and now they are all dead.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Looking at the most current version of map in previous link it appears the Ruby-throated have gotten as far Nprth as SE Pa and central Jersey, may have to put out feeder this weekend if I remember. The feeder I have near the window is glass and screws into red plastic piece that is left hanging all year. One year the Hummers got there before I had feeder out, but they saw the red plastic and knew there should be a place to eat there and kind of hung there for a bit looking for it LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I plan on putting mine out very soon also. now that the warmer weather is coming up the coast, they should be here shortly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yeah, no chance for the hummingbirds here in Nevada yet. At least not near the North Western area. It snowed here the other day and it was freezing cold. It warmed up a bit now, but the wind is blowing the cold from the snow on the mountain caps, so I think we have a few more weeks before they will show their pretty little faces around this neck of the woods.

Ask a Question