Fertilizer rate

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm just upset bc I've put so much energy and thought into this garden and have had such high hopes for it... and now I worry it won't be a success at all. I want to do all I can to help it recover but at the same time I'm afraid to add anything else... Do you think the Langebenite will hang around in the soil for many months? I mean will it naturally just go away over time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If it were you would you broadcast dolomite over the whole garden? Is that a safe thing to do... I mean it won't hurt it but could possibly help it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm just upset bc I've put so much energy and thought into this garden and have had such high hopes for it... and now I worry it won't be a success at all. I want to do all I can to help it recover but at the same time I'm afraid to add anything else... Do you think the Langebenite will hang around in the soil for many months? I mean will it naturally just go away over time?
It is LONG lasting but it will eventually go away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is LONG lasting but it will eventually go away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If it were you would you broadcast dolomite over the whole garden? Is that a safe thing to do... I mean it won't hurt it but could possibly help it?

Not knowing exactly what is going on at this time with your soil, I have reconsidered and do not think adding lime at this time is the correct thing to do. Cole crops and tomatoes are very different animals. I suggest just going ahead as normal this spring keeping a close watch on ALL of your plants and keeping notes of any abnormalities you may encounter. I don't think this is an extremely plant dangerous thing going on and whatever is happening can be fixed. What I would do is get some Medina Soil Activator and use as directed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I will do as you recommend. I appreciate SO much the time you have invested in considering my garden issues. I am so grateful. I wish I could send you a basket of tomatoes when they some along!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I will do as you recommend. I appreciate SO much the time you have invested in considering my garden issues. I am so grateful. I wish I could send you a basket of tomatoes when they some along!
You may wonder why I recommended the Medina Soil Activator. This product has many soil microbes that literally eat toxic substances. It is used worldwide in soil remediation projects cleaning up toxic waste sites. Many commercial farmers also use this product as a last resort to years of synthetic fertilizer use, of which these fertilizers leave a lot of mineral salts behind. I cannot guarantee that this product will cure your problem but it will not hurt anything either. It may very well reduce the amount of phosphorus and also mitigate the Langebenitite. It can't hurt.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh yes, I looked into what the soil activator does and really was impressed. Everything sounds like it balances things out among other good and gentle things. I read it and immediately thought, this sounds perfect. I purchased it through Amazon already i feel very very comfortable with this recommendation. Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You may wonder why I recommended the Medina Soil Activator. This product has many soil microbes that literally eat toxic substances. It is used worldwide in soil remediation projects cleaning up toxic waste sites. Many commercial farmers also use this product as a last resort to years of synthetic fertilizer use, of which these fertilizers leave a lot of mineral salts behind. I cannot guarantee that this product will cure your problem but it will not hurt anything either. It may very well reduce the amount of phosphorus and also mitigate the Langebenitite. It can't hurt.

I will definitely keep you updated on how my plants are doing! :) I have a good feeling about it thanks to you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hey, I applied the soil activator to my garden soil! I was wondering if should water the garden afterwards to help it soak in or would that dilute it more than is ideal?

Ask a Question