Hokkaido fertilizer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all
Thought i would get a jump on my question asking. So i asked last year about hokkaido pumpkins because i was getting loads of pumpkins but only 1 was growing to maturity obviously not enough nutrients in the soil. Only growing in 60 litre pots so i would say i need more or better fertiliser. Last year i was only using bog standard fruit and veg fertilizer, pollination was not a problem always did it myself and they grew the problem was there would always be a alpha pumkin and the rest died eventually.
which fertilizer would you guys recommend
thanks in advance

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely a seaweed/comfrey mix tea, which has enough nitrogen to keep the plants happy, and a blend of minerals and nutrients fantastic for any for any fruiting plant.

Comfrey is higher in nitrogen than seaweed, so for first growth, it would be a wonderful idea to line the planting hole with some, as, since it contains little cellulose, it rots down quickly and coolly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the reply. bit of a novice when it comes to these things and i only have a small terrace so i need something which is easy and readily available. not even sure what that is even after i googled it lolol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey there
liquid seaweed is easy enough to get hold of here
but living in germany i can't find comfrey concentrate anywhere looked all over on amazon i just get option for massage creams lol. i had read about the NPK levels on here is this right. and if so is there an alternative to the comfrey. and what is the seaweed extract good for
N .Nitrogen promotes green growth, making for plenty of vines and leaves.
P .Once the flowers start to form, switch to a phosphorus-heavy fertilizer for plentiful blossoms.
K .When the actual pumpkins appear, use a potassium-rich fertilizer for healthy fruit

Ask a Question