Female pumpkin flower problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Also, I won't throw it out because we actually have some roses that we use it on (that was the reason we bought it.) I just won't use it on my edible plants. :)

I have to comment, and then I'll try to shut up: Applying insecticide on a routine basis if you don't have an identified pest problem is a practice that worries me. I realize that this isn't the organic gardening forum, but even if you're not worried about the pollutant issues, you are keeping poison around, and spreading it in the environment where you and any children and pets spend time, when it may not be doing anything for you. At the very least, I would recommend a long careful reading of all of the fine print and taking any recommended precautions when applying it--when you fertilize with that stuff you ARE also applying insecticide.

I will now shut up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Ok. I won't use it. I never fertilized the roses besides for one time, and it looks good right now. I do t even think I need fertilizer on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ok. I won't use it. I never fertilized the roses besides for one time, and it looks good right now. I do t even think I need fertilizer on it.

Yep, and if you do want fertilizer, you could switch to a product that doesn't include insecticide. I would recommend an organic fertilizer for flowers :) but even a chemical fertilizer without insecticide would be better.

Ask a Question