Fastest growing fruit

Reaction score
We're making alcoholic drinks from fruits in Romania. We use almost everything: cherries, raspberries, pears, plums etc.

Reaction score
Chayote is a fast growing fruit. You need only one chayote plant to enjoy its bounty. Sliced up, chayote can have the consistency of water chestnuts, with a pleasing crunch. :p

Reaction score
The only cider I see is in gallon jugs in the grocery store, no alcohol involved, although I do know people who make stuff similar to what you are talking about but they don't call it cider.

That is what it is called:

Cider or cyder (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˈsdər/ SY-dər) is a fermented alcoholic beverage traditionally made from apple juice exclusively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cider

This is probably the most popular one here:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/te...er_and_alcopops/strongbow_cider_15x440ml.html

Reaction score
We have apple beer here. It is a carbonated apple juice but no alcohol involved. I wonder what it was that I drank as a kid. It was a warm and spicy apple juice based drink. It mostly came out over winter. I remember it being made in a big pot on the stove. There were other spices in it but I remember the floating cinnamon sticks and cloves the most.

Reaction score
We have apple beer here. It is a carbonated apple juice but no alcohol involved. I wonder what it was that I drank as a kid. It was a warm and spicy apple juice based drink. It mostly came out over winter. I remember it being made in a big pot on the stove. There were other spices in it but I remember the floating cinnamon sticks and cloves the most.

Sounds like a non alcoholic variant of mulled wine.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4551/hot-mulled-apple-juice.aspx

That recipes sounds pretty much like what you had.

Reaction score
What is the fastest growing fruit? What will give a good yield even their first year planted? I know some fruit takes longer than others to grow ( several seasons to get a good yield) and want to hear everyones opinions on this.
I would say rock melon is 1 of them , if we can call it fruit . Rock melon can give us fruits about 3 months after planting , even faster if we use fertigation .

Reaction score
We had this for a snack tonight. It tasted like fall to me. It was full of good memories. Thank you so much for this.

Reaction score
Strawberries grow really fast, you can have some berries ready by the middle of the growing season. Trees usually take years to grow. You do have the option to purchase trees or bushes with fruits already on them. I bought a blueberry bush and got berries pretty quickly.

Reaction score
I think the fastest growing fruit has got to be a type of berry. I grow blackberry vines from cuttings in one season and they will produce. I do live in a very tropical warm location along the Gulf Coast. But I believe from my experience with fruit trees that all of the berries will produce in one or two years. I also think that figs might produce rather quickly.

Ask a Question