Experimental use of Alfalfa as a summer cover/rotational crop

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Soil tests don't lie, in my experience, but people often do.

Results from recent "MySoil" analysis : The soil immediately under the experimental alfalfa plot is 279% higher in N2 than the soil in the rest of my garden....and remember, I use cover crops, including other legumes, extensively all over my garden as well as chicken manure and cow manure fertilizers.

For those doubters who claim N2 fixing is an "Urban Myth", the soil under my alfalfa plot is 15.5 ppm higher in N2 than the average across my entire garden. That is with the alfalfa in place one growing season.

Interestingly, the soil under the alfalfa plot is significantly higher in boron (double), zinc (136%), copper (56%) and phosphorus (157%)

Soil tests don't lie.

The experiment continues.

p.s. I highly recommend the "MySoil" test process. Very easy and results available online very quickly. Much superior to County agents, etc.
You don't absorb information well: I said legumes which you allow to grow pods to crop, use that nitrogen.

Ask a Question