Hello from an Missouri experimental gardener

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just introducing myself here. I'm from St. Louis and really interested in experimental (yet effective) growing techniques for improving crops. For the time being, I electrify my crops with low levels of electricity but I'm also interested in using sound waves. I'm also interested in using open-source or appropriate technology in the garden. Gardening stylus-wise, I like the permaculture approach of holistic ecological system design... Cool stuff.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
- David

Reaction score
Hi David! Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us! I truly hope you enjoy your stay here, I'm looking forward to reading the posts you might create, I bet they'll be full of very interesting things! You sound like a very interesting person, looking forward to hear more about your crops and how those low levels of electricity aid them.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum David, glad to have you aboard. Plenty of excellent information available and lots of people to help with your gardening problems.

Reaction score
Just seeing your post, so WELCOME! I am also in Missouri not far from the capital city. It's nice to have someone nearby who shares similar climate and soil conditions. I look forward to reading about your experiments with electrification. It seems like my gardens are experimental every year.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hi Carolyn, Zigs... Thanks for the warm welcome...

Carolyn... What new things have you been trying out recently?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
How did this ever turn out? "electrify my crops with low levels of electricity but I'm also interested in using sound waves"

My prediction is ineffective, but interesting nonetheless. 365 days of cover/rotational crops works fantastic...have you tried that?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello David, please post some photos, so i can see what you are talking about.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

Just introducing myself here. I'm from St. Louis and really interested in experimental (yet effective) growing techniques for improving crops. For the time being, I electrify my crops with low levels of electricity but I'm also interested in using sound waves. I'm also interested in using open-source or appropriate technology in the garden. Gardening stylus-wise, I like the permaculture approach of holistic ecological system design... Cool stuff.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
- David
Nice to meet you. I mainly have a residential lawn and garden hobby. By chance do you delve into mycology as well?

Ask a Question