zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well...

I've been a mod on here since about 2012, I only popped in to warn Becky and Ian of a serious threat to Zenforo forums (I was admin on another gardening forum) but I ended up staying and helping out. It's been fun but now Ian has sold the site I think it's time for me to step down and let the new owner run the place.

I did mention to him that I had an agreement with Becky and Ian, not with him but he didn't seem interested really.

I'll stay on as a normal member (if I'm allowed to) but I'm not interested in doing unpaid work for someone I don't know, I'm not furniture that gets solds with the software.

So thank you for bearing with me over the years Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm now just Zigs the Cactus Grower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs so sorry to hear that, but i hope that you can stay on as member.
It is surprising just how much work there is behind the scenes Logan, and the new owner just doesn't seem to want to communicate at all. Zigs has so much more to do with his time, and is not being appreciated here at all.
The new owner is from the USA, and so it might be better for him to find a new moderator from his own country.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It is surprising just how much work there is behind the scenes Logan, and the new owner just doesn't seem to want to communicate at all. Zigs has so much more to do with his time, and is not being appreciated here at all.
The new owner is from the USA, and so it might be better for him to find a new moderator from his own country.
It probably would be better for the new owner to find a new moderator from the USA.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
🥰 Aww Meadowlark, we think you're really quite lovely as well - now we are all blushing.

1704144381469.png

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you good people :)

I remember a while back when us Brits were accused of "Rudely taking over an American forum" :eek:

Well now it really is American.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Even though I'm in the US, I still like to read the posts of others in a different country to see their problems. There are a few other gardening forums and I feel like this one is the better one even though all questions don't get an answer. I hope you stick around.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Even though I'm in the US, I still like to read the posts of others in a different country to see their problems. There are a few other gardening forums and I feel like this one is the better one even though all questions don't get an answer. I hope you stick around.

Cheers YumYum :)

I've worked out the differences over the years. We dig manure in, you lot amend the soil. We've got gardens, you've got yards. We say Tomato and you say Tomato 😁

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just curious, what kind of agreement did you have with the previous owner that you can't work out with the new one? Also, what kind of threat are you talking about with the Zenforo?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious, what kind of agreement did you have with the previous owner that you can't work out with the new one? Also, what kind of threat are you talking about with the Zenforo?

That's a very strange question to join a forum with :unsure: Most people say hello and talk about what sort of plants or garden they are into. What on earth did you google to lead you to this thread?

Answer to the first question is - None of anybody else's business.

The threat to Zenforo was from a disgruntled employee who had created a program that made spam accounts, then if you banned the account it created 10 more. So the board would very quickly fill up with these accounts. In effect, a "Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Attack"

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Not representative response of typical Texans making first time post!!

Ask a Question