Ex Moderator

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That's a very strange question to join a forum with :unsure: Most people say hello and talk about what sort of plants or garden they are into. What on earth did you google to lead you to this thread?

Answer to the first question is - None of anybody else's business.

The threat to Zenforo was from a disgruntled employee who had created a program that made spam accounts, then if you banned the account it created 10 more. So the board would very quickly fill up with these accounts. In effect, a "Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Attack"
Not representative response of typical Texans making first time post!!

Yeah, probably not the best way to start posting on the forum but I've been reading the threads here for a month or so now and this was the first thread I saw that I was curious enough about to reply. I'm a member of a lot of other forums that run Zenforo (actually XenForo), and am a moderator on several, so I was curious as to what kind of threats he was talking about and whether it might affect me on other sites I frequent.

As far as me asking about the deal with the previous owner, that was just me being nosey. :ROFLMAO: Like I said, I also moderate several other forums so the thought of some kind of moderator/owner agreement peaked my curiosity.

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, probably not the best way to start posting on the forum but I've been reading the threads here for a month or so now and this was the first thread I saw that I was curious enough about to reply. I'm a member of a lot of other forums that run Zenforo (actually XenForo), and am a moderator on several, so I was curious as to what kind of threats he was talking about and whether it might affect me on other sites I frequent.

As far as me asking about the deal with the previous owner, that was just me being nosey. :ROFLMAO: Like I said, I also moderate several other forums so the thought of some kind of moderator/owner agreement peaked my curiosity.

Aah 😁

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I can't spell XenForo unless I look it up 😄

The threat was over 10 years ago but it's worth keeping an eye on XenForo forums in case there's something relevant.

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Aah 😁

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I can't spell XenForo unless I look it up 😄

The threat was over 10 years ago but it's worth keeping an eye on XenForo forums in case there's something relevant.

Ahh, yeah, that's a site I frequent almost daily too. Gotta stay up-to-date with all the latest happenings on the software most of the sites I frequent use. That's why I was like "whoa, hold up" when I read your post about some issues. I didn't realize, until my second time reading it, that you were talking about something that happened in 2012. :ROFLMAO:

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pip Pip and CheerOs and Tally Hoe...I know how to speak British!
Yeah, a hamburger chain that Was the pride of Texas was recently sold to some conglomerate in Chicago...I knew something was up because they started adding non hamburger stuff to their menu. Anyway, us morbidly obese Americans do not like change....
Remember LiveLeaks and My Space or even when eBay was fun and not a bunch of child labor junk...
It's all about money whether it's thought out or not...

The internet :rolleyes:! I'm tougher than the internet, I raised teenagers!!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Pip Pip and CheerOs and Tally Hoe...I know how to speak British!

Mercy snakes alive. ten four good buddy. Keep the bugs off your glass and the bears off your tail.
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

I can speak American too 😁

Cheers Loose Screw :)

I asked for my mod badge to be taken off last week, it's still there as the new site owner hasn't logged back in again :rolleyes:

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mercy snakes alive. ten four good buddy. Keep the bugs off your glass and the bears off your tail.

I asked for my mod badge to be taken off last week, it's still there as the new site owner hasn't logged back in again :rolleyes:
Those are too long...and you mainly hear those terms in Smokey and The Bandit, the Dukes of Hazzard or Judy Garland movies....
Naw... I guess old White guy American would be "Later/Later On, Fer Real, What's Up, Sure Thing, Boss"...etc etc....

CheerO Old Chap!

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States

You might like to watch this @Loose Screw :LOL:
Waste Paper Basket=Garbage, Reading Glasses, Drinking Glasses, Sun Glasses (aka Raybans).
Tissue=KleenX...Stillson.....Spanner....Bonette......cigarette/mad and french fries...and in my area all soda pops are called Cokes...

Oh! and Yeah, I thought US television was bad until I watched English TV.....

There's uh Mix Mash of Baloney for yuh!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think some of you have noticed the spam posts building up now. Word soon gets around. Unfortunately the moderator resigned a few weeks ago so any queries need to be directed to the new site owner :)

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States

Sorry, but I have too "correct" your "American". Of course, I speak "Texan" so I may be wrong but...

It's "Mercy, Sakes, Alive"

as in the song "Convoy"

"Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure
By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy
"

Oh yes, "Mercy, Sakes, Alive" was a common expression in my youth by adults with emphasis on the "Mercy"

Never heard it used as Snakes instead of Sakes, o_O :D

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, a Texas tradition family owned hamburger restaurant was sold to a Chicago conglomerate...and it's slowly going down hill.
I hope that ain't the case here. I mean I kinduh enjoy this place and I do like some of the Queens stuff, John Lydon, The English Beat and the XKE.....Oh, and The Clash!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, but I have too "correct" your "American". Of course, I speak "Texan" so I may be wrong but...

It's "Mercy, Sakes, Alive"

as in the song "Convoy"

"Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure
By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy
"

Oh yes, "Mercy, Sakes, Alive" was a common expression in my youth by adults with emphasis on the "Mercy"

Never heard it used as Snakes instead of Sakes, o_O :D

I grew up listening to AM radio, you couldn't understand any lyrics on that 😁

I thought Dusty Springfield was singing about "The son of a creature man" and the Carpenters were singing that the best love songs were written with a broken arm :eek:

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
In my old Industrial Oldies Texas Punk Playbook it's
"Mercy SHAKES alive". Usually played after The Ramone's "I Wanna Be Sedated" and The Dead Kennedy's "Thorazine Shuffle Live At The Armadillo World Headquarters"...Kickin Hippies A$$e$ and Gitten Drunk......Annie Grab Your Gunzzzzz!
Americans You Gottuh Love Us!

Ask a Question