Ex Moderator

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yeah, a Texas tradition family owned hamburger restaurant was sold to a Chicago conglomerate...and it's slowly going down hill.
I hope that ain't the case here.

I don't think that's what will happen here. One thing I've realized through all my years of being on forums is that, for the most part and with few exceptions, the members make the forum. So as long as we all stay positive and keep doing our thing, eventually everything else will get worked out too.

My positivity for the day...because of my joining this forum, and some info I've already received, I've decided to start getting the ground ready to put in a large garden. I may not have the ground completely ready for this year, but definitely by next year I'll be growing all kinds of veggies. This year, even if I don't have the ground ready, the plan will be to have several buckets/pots with a few veggie plants in them just to make a few things we can eat. Of course, I'll have plenty of photos to show off whatever it is I decided to do this year.

Been at least a few years since I've put in a garden so wish me luck! I'll need plenty of it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's my kind of music!!
Yeah, but whoops - I had not bothered to check out your link, so now I've repeated it 🥴 - must be a touch of senility.
I don't think that's what will happen here. One thing I've realized through all my years of being on forums is that, for the most part and with few exceptions, the members make the forum. So as long as we all stay positive and keep doing our thing, eventually everything else will get worked out too.

My positivity for the day...because of my joining this forum, and some info I've already received, I've decided to start getting the ground ready to put in a large garden. I may not have the ground completely ready for this year, but definitely by next year I'll be growing all kinds of veggies. This year, even if I don't have the ground ready, the plan will be to have several buckets/pots with a few veggie plants in them just to make a few things we can eat. Of course, I'll have plenty of photos to show off whatever it is I decided to do this year.

Been at least a few years since I've put in a garden so wish me luck! I'll need plenty of it!
I for one wish you all the luck you can get. Enjoy it - good plan. Oh, and good luck with the forum as well.....

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I for one wish you all the luck you can get. Enjoy it - good plan. Oh, and good luck with the forum as well.....

Thanks! I'm hoping the weather will play nice this year. As for the forum, I'm thoroughly enjoying all the info I'm getting from it so far!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Best of luck with your new garden @Mike121. I only grow fruit it's a lot easier than veg for me no trouble with slugs and snails, but i do have a bit of trouble from birds but i can control them easier.

Ask a Question