Eliminate Moles Without Traps

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Indiana, and we have moles like we have mosquitos in the summer! We have those green stakes all over the 8 acres our house sits on, and they still find a way to dig up the yard. The vibration the stakes send off is no match for these little pests. We have also found that having a few cats on the farm take care of the moles better than anything we have found so far. We have around 6 barn cats that we call our "mousers" and they will get these moles quick! I have not tried the vinegar trick, because of having little kids and so many pets on the farm, I do not want to harm them just getting rid of those silly moles.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I always wanted to try the garden hose down the mole hole and flood them out like in Looney Tunes...pretty sure it won't work that way though..

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I don't overly consider moles to be our enemies since they feed on worms not plant roots. There are several safe and humane methods of control. One method is mole netting which prevents moles from coming to the lawn surface to create molehills. There is also a mole repellent called Pest Stop Biofume Mole Smoke which emits castor oil fumes which line tunnels deterring worms and other mole food from entering.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We had moles last summer, which led us to discover that we also had a grub problem. Grubs are a major food source for moles. You may want to have your soil checked (and treated, if necessary) for grubs. Once we got rid of the grubs, the moles moved out!

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My grandfather would wait until their hybernation season and stick a hose down their main line, and well... Drown them.
The only problem he had was staying vigilant, because a new family of moles would move in the next spring! Ha! Elmer Fudd style!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was born and raised in North Texas and had never seen a mole until a couple of summers ago when my neighbor had them in his front yard. I had never seen anything like it before. There were areas of raised grass all over his yard that seemed to have happened overnight. That was when he told me it was caused by a mole. No one else on the street, that I know of, had a yard that looked like this. Now I know why. Most of us have dogs or cats as pets. My neighbor did not. And all this time I have wondered why the mole avoided my yard. Thanks for the new information.

Ask a Question