Moles!!! What to do??

Reaction score
This really isn't a gardening question per say, but I have a mole...or a groundhog....or something similar....absolutely destroying an area about the size of 1/3 of my backyard. I'll have 2 or 3 new dirt mounds everyday when I get home from work? And advice or pointers on getting rid of it/them? Thanks!

A picture of the yard can be found here, https://www.flickr.com/gp/54470544@N08/633RwB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear, doesn't look good! I've never had to deal with moles myself (if that's what they are), but I know of people who have used mole traps before. I think it was a tube that you put into a tunnel and it catches them so that you can release them somewhere else.

Reaction score
Most of the mole "traps" are killing machines, plain and simple. You could get an exterminator to check it out but they will kill them. I know that I have seen a number of threads on this site regarding moles. I used a repellent when I had an outbreak with voles that destroyed most of my flower beds. It really worked and nobody died in the process. Your garden center could also be a big help with this problem.

Reaction score
You could try calling an exterminator to chase them out. If you feel sorry for those moles than you can ask to plant traps and give the moles a home. When I had moles in my garden, I called an exterminator to trap them and put them somewhere else. My plants has not had any harm come to them ever since...

Ask a Question