Moles

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Does any one else have a problem with them ?
I have one that likes to hang out in my front yard that is trap resistant
I need to hire the lady across the street, that walks around with a shovel and is good with it

Reaction score
Yes I do! I have since we built the house and moved in. They don't tear up my yard too bad just mostly the raised ground where their tunnel is. They don't leave the large mound of dirt where their tunnel entrance is either. I get them in the front, side and backyard but they don't stay in the back too long during the spring and summer. My dog likes to hunt them up, even though she has only caught one of them, I think she scares them. I have tried the traps with no success. I was going to try the sound thingy you stick in the ground and it emits this sound or vibration they don't like.

Reaction score
I found an article that says you can use castor oil to get rid of moles. There are some positives to moles, they don't eat plants, mostly eat grubs and earthworms, and their tunneling helps to aerate the soil.

Here's the article.

krot2-300x265.jpg

I don't know if I've ever seen a mole before, they are rather hideous. Here's another article, "How to get rid of Moles."

Ask a Question