Drying Herbs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Freezing herbs in ice cubes is very definitely the next best thing to fresh herbs and although I generally freeze the majority of my soft herbs in water - as they're also extremely good when frozen in olive oil or butter too - you may also like to give these a try

View attachment 6957

Also - as you have an abundance of different fruits in your garden and all kinds of fruits can be frozen as ice cubes as well, - either whole or in chunks - for example - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or slices of lemon, mango, peach etc - you may also like to experiment with this idea

View attachment 6958

especially as they look really good when popped into summer drinks :)
Oh No1 I wish I had known this earlier. Anyway better late than never. I should go for freezer now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I read somewhere that in the summer, in Texas, you can dry your herbs in your car if you leave them there for a few hours with the windows rolled up. I have to try it this summer. I bet the car will smell good :D

lol I have about 10 peppermint leaves setting in my van right now but Im in KS, will let ya know how they look tomorrow

Ask a Question