United States
Any idea what could be causing this?

20160630_075904_zpsjgdsvur4.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is that white mold or mildew on the base of the stem? Or have you checked for squash vine borer? Have you also checked on the underside of the leaves for for baby stink bugs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I've check all those things. White mold doesn't start showing up till August around here and I've sprayed them for it, so it's not that. No bugs/borers either.

I was thinking it was something to do with malnutrition?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah, I've check all those things. White mold doesn't start showing up till August around here and I've sprayed them for it, so it's not that. No bugs/borers either.

I was thinking it was something to do with malnutrition?
Well malnutrition is a thought but you are getting what looks like good new growth. If it isn't bugs or disease I would suspect that your plant is root bound and not getting enough water at the roots. Do you water from the top or bottom? Do you complete saturate the soil? Are you using a liquid or pelleted fertilizer and is it organic? All of these questions are material.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
If there is no pest in the leaves then the pest might be in the soil. We have been experiencing wilting plants even those not planted in pots. There is a certain kind of bacteria that is white which can infect the soil. I'm sorry if I cannot identify that pest but our aishitaba plant was hit by it and we didn't notice until the plant had already died. The treatment according to a nursery gardener is to pour water laced with dishwashing soap. Let it stand for 5 minutes before hosing with water. That would kill the bacteria in the soil.

Ask a Question