Don't have a clue, but

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........I have had 3 of my okra plants do this (only 3 out of 30) while all the okra plants around them appear unaffected by whatever is attacking this one. I know that okra is not in a lot of gardens but hoping someone can enlighten me as to possible causes. The temps, today, have been in the 70's with rain, off and on, for the last
20190610_121730.jpg
, or the last 4 days. The other 2 were "taken sick" during dry and hot (high 90's) weather.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........I have had 3 of my okra plants do this (only 3 out of 30) while all the okra plants around them appear unaffected by whatever is attacking this one. I know that okra is not in a lot of gardens but hoping someone can enlighten me as to possible causes. The temps, today, have been in the 70's with rain, off and on, for the lastView attachment 54915, or the last 4 days. The other 2 were "taken sick" during dry and hot (high 90's) weather.
Are the plants like this in the AM? This looks like a water issue. Sometimes plants growing side by side show different. I think, but don't know for sure, that it is something about the soil. Possibly more compacted or wetter or drier or ??. I don't think your plants are in any danger but you will just have to wait and see. The plant to the back and left of the wilted one shows signs of too much water. This could be what is making the plant wilt. Okra doesn't like wet feet at all. They like it hot and dry but their roots in slightly moist soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are the plants like this in the AM? This looks like a water issue. Sometimes plants growing side by side show different. I think, but don't know for sure, that it is something about the soil. Possibly more compacted or wetter or drier or ??. I don't think your plants are in any danger but you will just have to wait and see. The plant to the back and left of the wilted one shows signs of too much water. This could be what is making the plant wilt. Okra doesn't like wet feet at all. They like it hot and dry but their roots in slightly moist soil.
Think you may be on the right track, Chuck. While in "the drought", I was watering every other day......but not drenching them. I, before planting ANYTHING this year, incorporated a pickup truck load of dried/stomped-on/powdered horse manure from a horse stable. This HAS made the soil, in the raised beds, so "loose" that I am having to prop up MANY of my plants.

Ask a Question