Do you think its a good idea to garden on a sunday?

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
If nurses, police and firemen are called in on emergencies on Sunday, of course they should go in! God wouldn't want nurses to ignore sick/hurt people, policemen to ignore crimes, or firemen to ignore fires.
If God didn't want nurses, police and firemen to work on Sundays, emergencies wouldn't happen, would they?

Why does "God" only seem to appear to illiterate Middle-eastern social misfits and outright padded room dwellers?
First was going to slaughter his son, if his delusion hadn't ended in the nick of time; the second was an itinerant schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur, born in NAZARETH, NOT BETHLEHEM, there was no census, that was a lie fabricated to conform to prophesy; the third an absolute psychotic, sociopathic, psychopathic, paedophile, who became gradually more bloodthirsty as his condition deteriorated.
If he had appeared to a Chinese bureaucrat, instead of Mohammed, (Chinese had well-developed bureaucracy by then) we might well have known what God really wanted.
One day a week off work, makes us far more productive on the other six, but gardening, even if it involves growing food, is a pastime, and more akin to rest than work.
I have neither need, nor wish, for a God who lets infants die, every minute of the night and day, for want of clean water.
In fact, I have no need, or wish, for a God at all; I'm grown-up enough to acknowledge that there's no such thing.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm usually open to free speech and respect others opinions but perhaps this thread should be closed because there are already too many wars and conflicts in the world today under the banner of religion without starting more?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I agree with Colin. Enough said about religion and personal interpretations of what God meant and what God intends. I have avoided this "discussion" since I've found talking about religion leads to more hard feelings than good feelings.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm usually open to free speech and respect others opinions but perhaps this thread should be closed because there are already too many wars and conflicts in the world today under the banner of religion without starting more?

Kind regards, Colin.
Atheists have NEVER started a war under the banner of religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question