Do you put Christmas decorations and accessories in your garden at home?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
And where do you store all that crap??? anyway.??? If I do go that direction at night, I 'll get a shot of it also. I am sure your all going to lose sleep over it until I do.
Sad part there is more, off the photo on both sides as equally thick.

BTW anyone notice the garbage can in the front. Hope the garbage men take the right item.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
When we lived in upstate NY, there was a neighborhood famous for its Christmas decorations. We'd drive over, get in a line of cars going slowly through the neighborhood, and see a fantastic light display. There were Santas, reindeer, snowmen, elves, and even Disney characters. Nativities abounded. It was a bit over-the-top, but it is Christmas!
Now here in Texas we have "Living Nativities" at many of the churches. People lend their burros, straw bales, and whatever is needed to make a living nativity, and church members take turns being Mary, Joseph, and the Magi. We also have a lot of lights along driveways and strung over trees and fences.
I figure that however you want to share the season, go for it, and the electric company will thank you for it!
This is how we decorate the outside for Christmas
2013 Christmas house.jpg

Electric candles in the front windows, swags and bows on the front fences, and a wreath on the door. If we have trimmings from the Christmas tree, we make a swag for the barn gate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
NO NOT MY HOUSE. NOT EVEN NEAR ME, THANK GOODNESS:)
I CALL THE PICTURE CHRISTMAS PUKED UP.

Lol. Neighbors of a good friend of mine have a similar set up. Plus cheesy Christmas music playing from dusk to dawn broadcast through the neighborhood. Really really obnoxious. My friends even contacted the city last year but they wouldn't do anything.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm still laughing at the idea of that house up top. I'm wondering if at any time they tried to organize the layout exactly as it is in the pic. I don't know if that layout need organization or just allowing chaos to find its own order. I really don't know. We did lights in our home but a lot more tasteful than that. We had ours in the front and in the garden out back as we spend a lot of time there too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since my garden is in my back yard I don't decorate it for Christmas. However I do decorate my front yard and the front of my house. This is what people can see so I don't see it necessary to decorate my garden as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I really enjoy decorating for Christmas and enjoy decorating the outside of the house almost as much as the inside. We put wreaths on the doors, decorate some of the trees with lights, and put lights on the whole house. I am hoping to decorate my fence next year with green garland and wreaths.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Serbia
I have a cherry tree in my garden and I put some lights on it. Now when I have a nephew I have to be more creative and this means making Olaf and decorating everything with lights and coloured ornaments. Snow is just making it look more like Frozen and we only need the princesses :) I have some pictures but I cannot upload them right now. Something is wrong with my laptop.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A little late replying to this post but yes I decorate my outdoors for Christmas. Nothing too much just some white lights on the trees and a wreath on the front door.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
We don't put much thought into Christmas decorations around our garden. I live in the tropics and in most times of the year, there is a luxurious bloom that enchants the Christmas mood. I plant flowers in advance around the hedges and the major activity around Christmas is cleaning up and trimming the bushes. I have observed that most people rely on artificial decorations which are left hanging perpetually in the house.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We actually do every December. We have Durantas and other types of welcome plants that are very high and my mom would put meteor drop lights on the taller ones and unblinking LED lights on the stretches of Duranta planted along the gates. We also have a Santa Claus in a sled and reindeer light decoration that blinks to make it look like it's moving. It just lights up the whole yard and because we are using LED lights, our electric bill is not as affected.

Ask a Question