Do you put Christmas decorations and accessories in your garden at home?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Esther, count me among your baking friends! Cranberries were on sale this week, so I stocked up to make cranberry/orange bread. I have four loaves of pumpkin nut bread in the freezer, and am thinking about making some apple bread to stash in the freezer.
We give a lot of home-baked goodies to friends and a variety of frozen breads can be thawed and served when they want. I love to share at Christmas--outside decorations for passers-by, and baked goods for people who have been kind and thoughtful all year long!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Esther, count me among your baking friends! Cranberries were on sale this week, so I stocked up to make cranberry/orange bread. I have four loaves of pumpkin nut bread in the freezer, and am thinking about making some apple bread to stash in the freezer.
We give a lot of home-baked goodies to friends and a variety of frozen breads can be thawed and served when they want. I love to share at Christmas--outside decorations for passers-by, and baked goods for people who have been kind and thoughtful all year long!
I too bake for friends.

All year it's nmostly breads but at christmas I make 10 platters with 10 types of Christmas cookies on them plus cake and truffles. I usually put at least a 1/2 dozen of each kind on the tray.

I also make kicked up cranberry sauce and can it in decorative jars.

I don't do any gift shopping aside from buying books for my 9 grandchildren and including monetary bookmarks.

I do like seeing decorations, just not too early.

we have one of those inflatable lawn decorations. Kinda cheesy but it is the home depot race car with santa driving and snowmen mechanics,.

the neighbours get a giggle because it looks a lot like our 'cuda, sans snowmen, santa...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm one of those people who never takes Christmas decorations down, where ever you look in my house you will find them. I just like Christmas. I'll do the out side the first week end of Dec. I'll buy a tree just for the birds and put it in the back yard with all kinds of goodies on it for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't decorate for Christmas...I used to, back when I hosted Christmas events, but now I go to friends' houses and let them do all the work! Plus for the last five years, my house is near the end of a dead-end street, so really not that many people drive by and I don't quite see the point. I do put out extra goodies for the birds in winter though.

As an aside, I have friends whose across the street neighbor not only has all sorts of lights up every year, but has some sort of exterior sound system that plays an endless loop of cheesy Christmas music from dusk to dawn. Last year they were about ready to kill that neighbor. This year they actually might. (Just kidding, they are way too nice to really kill someone, but that music was really, really annoying.)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Our Christmas tree, after the holidays, goes outside to provide cover for birds.
We also have a long-standing tradition, carried from New York to Texas, of providing berries/stale bread/ nuts for the birds over the holidays. We feed the birds all year around, but provide extra treats from Christmas to the New Year. The birds don't care, but we do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We always buy the small lights that we decorate our garden with for the Christmas season. It is a sight to behold when the lights are turned on at night. The carolers, mostly neighborhood children, admire the lights that adorn the plants in our front yard. The kids who sing carols would always say that our house looks so appropriate for giving them gifts, hahahaaa.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am lucky in that my OH is a Christmas decorating fanatic. He loves to do all of the decorating inside and outside of the house, so I just purchase the decorations and he does the rest. We usually get everything decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving as I love the look and feel of the season. It really gets me in the mood to go out and do my shopping.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love putting lights up at the house. I also decorate the yard/garden with reindeer statues, angles and snow men. This time of years is one of my favorite in terms of decorating.
I also put up a lot of wreaths around the home, a Christmas tree and poinsettia plants (my favorite holiday plant).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Christmas Puked up..jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't put anything in the garden, but the front of the house is lit. It was scaled back this year to save energy. I was able to spread it all out enough to make it look like there's nearly as much as previous years, but there's actually only about 1/3 of lights being used now, possibly even less.

This Year:
IMG_5565 copy.jpg

2013:
IMG_4189.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
NO NOT MY HOUSE. NOT EVEN NEAR ME, THANK GOODNESS:)
I CALL THE PICTURE CHRISTMAS PUKED UP.
Haha, this is the perfect name for those decorations. They're horrible:p At first I thought it's a Christmas decoration store, lol. I can't believe someone actually lives there;)

Ask a Question