Do you like rice?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Imagine overcooked, white rice mixed only with lots and lots of cinnamon. This is what I had to eat during my childhood:eek: It was so unimaginably awful.
But it's possible that I'd like rice more if it didn't bring back so many bad memories and if I knew how to prepare it.

Wow, Claudine, I can't imagine what that would taste like. There was no other ingredient, no sugar or milk even? I've heard of lots of things made with rice, but usually it's sweetened when served as a cereal or a dessert. Preparing rice is as easy as following the directions on the package.

Reaction score
I love rice, but my SO doesn't. He think it is disgusting, lol. I think he feels that way because the rice of his mom is awful, she over cooks it and her rice has no taste. My rice is much nicer! Not bragging, it's firm on the outside but soft to the bite. I love it, but I don't eat it as often as before.

Reaction score
Imagine overcooked, white rice mixed only with lots and lots of cinnamon. This is what I had to eat during my childhood:eek: It was so unimaginably awful.
But it's possible that I'd like rice more if it didn't bring back so many bad memories and if I knew how to prepare it.

Errrr, was your mom trying to prepare rice pudding? She was trying to do that, right???? Or don't tell me the rice also had salt???? If it did, then let me tell you I TOTALLY understand why you hate rice!!!! I'd hate it too if I had had the same experience! YUCK!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
As far as I remember, it was only white, overcooked rice and cinnamon. It didn't contain any other ingredients.
The rest of my family love this dish. My sister and my mother eat it at least once a week:eek::eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now Rice pudding I could do now and again, but as I remember it, it was full of sugar.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't think I've ever tried rice pudding, but the combination of rice and sugar doesn't sound too tasty to me. It would be like eating pancakes with maple syrup (which I hate):p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, I like rice. It can be a useful starch to the meal or a main meal. I make risotto, paella, black rice, jasmine rice, rice with some veggies in it, Jambalaya , stir fry rice. I explore the types of rice in the world. mostly any rice is always cooked in home made chicken broth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
As a kid my mother thought white rice sprinkled with brown sugar was a complete meal. My brothers and I had it at least once a week. I haven’t eaten rice as an adult and probably never will.

Ask a Question