Price of Championship Football Tickets

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The tickets on sale for the COLLEGIATE football championship are being asked at nearly 12,000 usd for ONE.

I cannot imagine who pays that much. The cheaper seats are out for sale around 7,000usd.

Roll Tide but wow!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
At that price they can just keep right on rollin'. I am a football fan but REALLY! When it will be televised? Some people just have more money than sense'

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm surprised at even reasonable ticket prices for any game.

I got to go to a Packers preseason game for free about 10 years ago Lambeau Field. It was cool and all, and the overall experience of going to a game was great, but I feel like the game itself is better to watch on TV. I was in a suite, so I imagine the experience is different in the stands, maybe better in some ways and worse in others.

Would I ever go to another Packers or Badgers game? Possibly, I'd like to tour Lambeau a little more than I did the first time, but if I never went to another game, it's no big deal. I feel like sitting in a comfortable chair at home and turning the game on is a pretty great and inexpensive time, especially with a win. I watch every Packers and Badgers game of the season, as well as quite a few other games, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I was fortunate to watch the 2016 NCAA Leading Rusher for a couple of years. Field Level tickets $12 :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
For a mere $60 I can buy a gallon of paint and paint a wall and then watch it dry. In the end at least I'd have something to show for it!

Okay, I get it. You boys like your games but I don't consider it sports, just big business. The humongous amount of money involved says it all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Actually, this just reminded me that there ia a law being passed that resellers cannot legally raise the price of a ticket more than 100%of it's original value. And ticket buying bots are going to be banned too. This is for all public performances including sports, music, etc. I think it's a good law and would help level the playing area for most.

Ask a Question