Do you like rice?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Here in the Philippines, rice is our staple food. Actually, I can't last a day without it. I eat rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :p When there are typhoons, the supply of rice falls because the fields get flooded. I know that some people do not like eating rice though.

Do you like rice? What do you eat it with?

Reaction score
I love rice and try to keep it already prepared in the fridge if I can. I have a rice cooker and I think I might go and put some on now. ;) I like it for breakfast with milk and sugar and I like it with savory dishes with either salt and butter or various sauces.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I love rice! One of my favorites is "dirty rice" which is a Cajun dish. We also eat it with chopped vegetables in it, and with saffron. A master cook from Louisiana said rice should never be cooked in water, always with stock. Sometimes I cheat and use water . . . .

Reaction score
My daughter and I love rice, especially jasmine rice and we usually eat it with stir fried meat and vegetables. If I have leftover rice the next day, I make fried rice and throw in any odds and ends that I have on hand.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am also a big rice eater. We eat more rice than potatoes. I had rice this morning for breakfast, my version of fried rice with some leftovers in the refrig. Rice pudding is one of my favorites, no one in the house likes it but me so when I make it I have to freeze it and eat a little each week until it is all gone.

Reaction score
As rice forms a major part of our diet where I live I love eating rice dishes too - in fact I think I'd actually be quite lost without it - as a large proportion of our meals both savory and sweet contain rice.

However although we make cakes, breads and desserts with it and generally serve rice - as an accompaniment to many other foods, flavored or plain, as a salad mixed with fresh fruits or vegetables, add it to soups and casseroles - as well risotto type meals mixed with either vegetables, pulses, fish or even all three together - much as I enjoy them all - one of my favorite dishes is saffron flavored seafood rice - which is as it happens - is just what I'm having for supper tonight :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'll be honest with you, I hate rice. I eat it only if I have an upset stomach. In my opinion rice is disgusting. It's one of my least favorite foods. My mother used to cook it for me when I was a kid. She always added a lot of cinnamon to it. Yuck:eek: I'd much rather have some pasta.

Reaction score
I like rice. Just had some today as a matter of fact. Don't really eat it that often. Often forget about it, to be honest. It's good food, though. Big fan of white rice. Brown rice as well. A very healthy snack. Need to remind myself to eat it more often.

Reaction score
I tried it one time about 30 years ago. The rest of the story isn't pleasant. I agree with claudine.

Yuck
sick0025.gif

Reaction score
Here in the Philippines, rice is our staple food. Actually, I can't last a day without it. I eat rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :p When there are typhoons, the supply of rice falls because the fields get flooded. I know that some people do not like eating rice though.

Do you like rice? What do you eat it with?
I love rice!! It is something we have a few times a week but if were up to me, I would have it daily. My daughter takes after me for that as well. I normally make a lot of it and keep a container in the refrigerator just to heat up when we want to. I use rice as a side dish but have used it a lot in main meals. I think it's a staple in our home really and pretty much goes with everything.
:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I'll be honest with you, I hate rice. I eat it only if I have an upset stomach. In my opinion rice is disgusting. It's one of my least favorite foods. My mother used to cook it for me when I was a kid. She always added a lot of cinnamon to it. Yuck:eek: I'd much rather have some pasta.

Really? That's sad. :( I guess people really have different opinions when it comes to rice. I think that I love it because I grew up eating it all the time. Cinnamon rice? I love cinnamon, but I don't think that I will mix it with rice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Really? That's sad. :( I guess people really have different opinions when it comes to rice. I think that I love it because I grew up eating it all the time. Cinnamon rice? I love cinnamon, but I don't think that I will mix it with rice.
Imagine overcooked, white rice mixed only with lots and lots of cinnamon. This is what I had to eat during my childhood:eek: It was so unimaginably awful.
But it's possible that I'd like rice more if it didn't bring back so many bad memories and if I knew how to prepare it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll only eat egg fried rice with a curry, and even then i'd have to be pretty drunk :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I cut back on rice when I learned that a lot of brown rice can have arsenic depending on where it's grown. I almost never eat common white rice, though I like basmati, jasmine, and of course sushi rice. I made a dish yesterday with wild rice, but I have given up on trying to grow my own.

Ask a Question