Fermented Rice Water Rinse

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In my research on how to grow my damaged hair, I discovered fermented rice water used by the ancient Yao people of Asia.
http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/rice-water-for-hair-and-skin/

I rinsed my hair with the water twice a week and my hair is filling up. I'm so excited I am keeping a photo diary and would go on till the end of the year to compare progress pictures.

Anyone familiar with fermented rice water rinse?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I was not aware of using fermented rice water as a rinse for hair and skin, until this very moment reading your post and the link. I am fascinated and it is so easy. Thank you @darkrebelchild , I am looking forward to begin using the fermented rice water rinse. This will be a good place for you and me and others to record and share our results. It may be a couple of weeks before i can get started on this, but i'll be in touch when i do:).

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I was not aware of using fermented rice water as a rinse for hair and skin, until this very moment reading your post and the link. I am fascinated and it is so easy. Thank you @darkrebelchild , I am looking forward to begin using the fermented rice water rinse. This will be a good place for you and me and others to record and share our results. It may be a couple of weeks before i can get started on this, but i'll be in touch when i do:).

I'm so glad the information is valuable to you.

I already started keeping weekly pictures so we can compare and share but I must be honest my hair grew an inch on the first week. I'm on the second week and I hope by the end of the year I'll be rocking my natural hair without yarn and extensions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Hi @darkrebelchild ...i am not supposed to be on the computer because i had surgery in my right eye a couple of days ago. But i am excited about this so i'm just taking a little peek now. As it happens, i am in the process of making fermented rice water and just about to strain the water from the 1st soak. When you leave the strained water to ferment, do you cover the jar with a lid? or leave it open? I think probably it should be covered but i am not sure. Right now i can't even wash my hair but i think i can sometime next week so i will be ready for the rinse or rather the rinse will be ready for me in the fridge.:)

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hi @darkrebelchild ...i am not supposed to be on the computer because i had surgery in my right eye a couple of days ago. But i am excited about this so i'm just taking a little peek now. As it happens, i am in the process of making fermented rice water and just about to strain the water from the 1st soak. When you leave the strained water to ferment, do you cover the jar with a lid? or leave it open? I think probably it should be covered but i am not sure. Right now i can't even wash my hair but i think i can sometime next week so i will be ready for the rinse or rather the rinse will be ready for me in the fridge.:)

So sorry about your surgery and I hope you get better soon.
Sending you positive thoughts.

Yes you have to cover the jar or bottle so that the rice water can ferment faster.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Yes you have to cover the jar or bottle so that the rice water can ferment faster.

Good, good and now it is in the fridge waiting to be used. Sometimes enclosed fermenting things can sort of explode so i thought i would check. It is nice and toasty here day and night so it fermented nicely in 2 days. Now i have to figure out how to wash my hair without bursts of water getting in my eye.

Thanks for your good wishes. The surgery was successful and now i just have to follow the rules of restricted activity for a month when the stitches will be removed. I don't want to screw up the successful results but i so much object to having my activities restricted and keep trying to find ways around them...it is all up to me now:rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted on the rice water results(y)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Can this Fermented Rice wash can be also used as fertilizer to the soil? I was wondering about my research paper if it will be effective on growing plants...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
In my research on how to grow my damaged hair, I discovered fermented rice water used by the ancient Yao people of Asia.
http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/rice-water-for-hair-and-skin/

I rinsed my hair with the water twice a week and my hair is filling up. I'm so excited I am keeping a photo diary and would go on till the end of the year to compare progress pictures.

Anyone familiar with fermented rice water rinse?
That sounds great but, resently people say that there's syanide in rice.Can i still use my conditioner after?

Ask a Question