Do you have pets? Anyone else have a guinea pig?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Wow!! What a pet. Cuddles are on the way.
Cats and dogs getting initiated to be together right from the time they are babies is a great idea. I have had that experience.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Booker looks absolutely gorgeous, very sweet and I'm sure he'll still be sweet when he's 240 lbs. :confused::love:Congratulations on your new family member Beth. Pets reply l do make a home I think.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Teddy manages to look silly and regal at the same time. :)

Booker is a love. Sooooo laid back! He's already learning sit, crate up, in the house, outside, coming when called, etc. After his second set of shots he starts obedience classes. I've had Rottweilers for 30 years and he's sure different. He and Stanley (the black and white cat) are becoming BFFs.
I agree that pets make a home. For me, anyway...I've never lived in a house without some sort of animal also living there.

Reaction score
Wow - how I missed this thread I don't know - especially as there are some seriously cute pets here :love::)

No guinea pigs here either - but yes I very definitely have pets and have done all my life – however although I love animals of all kinds - as for the past ten years - I have been helping and caring for the many abandoned and mistreated cats and kittens we have here - the majority of which arrive in a pitiful state - I now have way more pets than I used to - all of whom are extremely precious to me - especially as they're such wonderful creatures to have around.

Although I literally have hundreds of photos of all my fur buddies - as its just not possible with the large number that I have to show them all - here are a few of my little cuties - who are not only extremely mischievous but great fun too - especially as the majority appear to be born comedians.

Tammy - my gardening cat

MY CATS - Tammy - My Gardening Cat .JPG

Fortyfive - another cat who really loves plants

MY CATS - 45 - Lamparanthus - SV402333.JPG

Inca - who although blind in one eye - is always up to some kind of mischief

MY CATS - Inca - SV403764.JPG

Naomi - one of the snuggliest cats ever

MY CATS - Naomi.JPG

Marbles - who is rarely seen like this - as she is always on the go

MY CATS - Little Ana - SV403173.JPG

and Whiskas - the cheeky cat in my avatar with Baby Dyson walking off in the distance

MY CATS - Whiskas - SV403777.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
here is one of my 6 cats. This is Teddy. He is my love.

My Pearl loves to tap on a book as well. Maybe Teddy was suggesting you stop reading and concentrate on patting Him....very cute.:love:
Pearl used to be fascinated with the paper coming out of the printer, trying to put her paw inside, not a good idea really. She jammed it on one occasion. But as my husband says, she can do no wrong in my eyes and he's right.;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Wow - how I missed this thread I don't know - especially as there are some seriously cute pets here :love::)

No guinea pigs here either - but yes I very definitely have pets and have done all my life – however although I love animals of all kinds - as for the past ten years - I have been helping and caring for the many abandoned and mistreated cats and kittens we have here - the majority of which arrive in a pitiful state - I now have way more pets than I used to - all of whom are extremely precious to me - especially as they're such wonderful creatures to have around.

Although I literally have hundreds of photos of all my fur buddies - as its just not possible with the large number that I have to show them all - here are a few of my little cuties - who are not only extremely mischievous but great fun too - especially as the majority appear to be born comedians.

Tammy - my gardening cat

View attachment 8128

Fortyfive - another cat who really loves plants

View attachment 8129

Inca - who although blind in one eye - is always up to some kind of mischief

View attachment 8130

Naomi - one of the snuggliest cats ever

View attachment 8131

Marbles - who is rarely seen like this - as she is always on the go

View attachment 8133

and Whiskas - the cheeky cat in my avatar with Baby Dyson walking off in the distance

View attachment 8134

Very cute collection of cats gata montes. :love:
We only have 3 and they are all grey. I am teased that I need to coordinate with my interior so much that I needed them to match.
It's not true, my son and his wife brought their 2 grey ones to live here. Max, their dog is black and white so he matches in quite well. I bought him a terracotta bed, contrast but matching the floor rug. I made him black and white animal print blankets for his bed BUT he has a fawn teddy. Maybe I could replace him with a panda!!!:rolleyes: He loves his teddy so much so I really can't do that.:confused: I'll just have to cope.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
gata (that's a clue right there) ;) all of your cats are lovely.

Also I love your cobblestones. It looks very Mediterranean, wherever you are.

My three cats (kittens, really) are very recent additions; I am not really a cat person. They were feral kittens with herpes virus born outside and their eyes and noses kept getting glued shut by the discharge from upper respiratory infections. :( So I brought them in, got them better, and they were then going to go to a friend who is very active in cat rescue. Only she had an outbreak of panleuk (like kitten distemper) at her house and lost almost 20 cats and kittens. It was horrible. And the virus will last for a year or more. So these kittens weren't going to be put at risk because I already had invested a lot in vet bills, and, now I have Widget, Stanley and Chunky Monkey as permanent pets.

But they are being raised with dogs and therefore rather dog-like. Which is my preferred type of cat. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My sister's cat Rex is a Devon Rex and thinks he's a dog. He comes running when the dogs are whistled for. Very funny but apparently he can be a quite naughty. My sister has always had cats and says she's never had one like it. They adore him though. Good on you for saving your 3 cats. I'm sure you'll enjoy your catdogs;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
ahhh a Devon Rex an interesting breed. My fur babies are all rescues. And many also come when called. When we go on vacation I have a person help with the ones that like to stay outside in their houses (heated in the winter).
Anyway, within 20 mins of our return all six are on the deck yelling at us for being gone the week. three of them like to come inside the house, and they know the statement, time to go to your room, and off they go to the garden room for the night. We have a dogie door for them to leave and enter the house as they please in the garden room .

this is Phantom, leaving through the dogie door, he is the brother of Teddy. Phantom weights 17 lbs. runs around the 3 acres, climbs trees etc. all muscle.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
LOL DeborahJane. You could dye the teddy black? :ROFLMAO:
image.jpg
Yes I could, couldn't I?
I don't know why this photo is uploading upside down. I've redone it 3 times now and this hasn't happened before but you can get the gist, note Max's leg over teddy. He really loves him just the way he is:love: I don't think I could live with myself if I changed teddy in any way:rolleyes:
This is how he was early this morning, hadn't moved from being tucked into bed last night.

Ask a Question