Delicious watermelon varieties

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I know what you mean, when I was in NL I wanted to eat a mango, it looked so nice and ripe but oh oh....! When I was giving it the first bite I was disgusted! In my country the mangoes bought from the super market are fine, but over there are disgusting! The mango looked so yellow and ripe, but inside it was so tasteless and kinda hard!
Yes, exactly, my mango was tasteless too. I'm sure that it had been stored for many weeks and treated with many chemicals. Who knows, maybe I'd like eating mangoes if it was possible to grow them in my climate zone.

Reaction score
Yeah, the mom of my bf told me it had something to do with the lack of sunlight, so outside the looked so ripe, but inside they were just awful! Terrible, I will never ever touch a mango over there, it's a pity, because I love making a really nice dessert with mangoes. I also love making my own ice cream.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yeah, the mom of my bf told me it had something to do with the lack of sunlight, so outside the looked so ripe, but inside they were just awful! Terrible, I will never ever touch a mango over there, it's a pity, because I love making a really nice dessert with mangoes. I also love making my own ice cream.
Homemade ice cream sounds really yummy! Is it difficult to make it?
As for mangoes, I agree, it clearly has something to do with the lack of sunlight. I had the same problem with tomatoes. I once bought really big and red tomatoes in a supermarket. When I sliced them, I discovered that they were green inside. It looked really awful:(

Reaction score
Trellum and claudine

Although I feel more than sure that its just an oversight and that you have both just got carried away in conversation - without realizing - that as the topic of this thread is related solely to the growing of the various varieties of yellow watermelons and not mangos and that discussing mangos rather than watermelons could be somewhat confusing to those people who are actually interested in growing watermelons - that it might be an idea - as well as being more considerate to those who do wish to discuss watermelons - to start a whole new thread where anything related to Mangos could more appropriately be discussed there :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My daughter just loves yellow watermelon. I like watermelon of any kind, especially just picked and warm from the sun. The while one is intregueing and the moom and stars has such a beautiful exterior. I remember growing up in Texas and eating a huge, long, striped melon called rattlesnake watermelon. We would sit out in the grass with the big slices, eating and spitting the seeds into the grass. It is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Ask a Question