Tomatoes Are Looking Delicious

Reaction score
Country
United States
How is everyone's tomatoes looking this year? We had so many on the vines that were as green as green could get, and now with the hot humid weather mother nature has given us, our tomatoes are all turning bright vibrant red all at once...Time to start canning, and making sauce and salsa!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums! :) Where in the US are you?
I'm having an utterly underwhelming year for tomatoes. Rain, blight, and more rain....I don't weigh my annual yield but it is WAY down this year. Usually I'm harvesting a big bowlful every day, this year it's just a few every 2-3 days. Although some of the plants are starting to ripen up so by the end of the week I should have enough to both eat and freeze.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sounds great, NanaTracyAnn:)
I don't grow tomatoes, because I don't have my own garden yet. But I bought lots and lots of super delicious tomatoes at a farmers market yesterday:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My mom grew cherry tomatoes and they are doing well in the garden back behind the garage! That spot seems to do best since it gets plenty of sun. Yesterday, my brother had to pick a handful of really ripe and red ones off the vine.

Reaction score
My dad grew tomatoes while i was growing up, they looked just great around this time of the year, but then again our weather was so different back then :O Things have changed a lot in the last few years. Climate is so different now, so different things will be harder when I try to start my own garden abroad :unsure: Ah well, I'll see what to do then (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have no tomatoes this year because our tomatoes 2 years ago were attacked by aphids. Although we had harvested quite a number of good tomatoes, the aphids were irritating. Maybe next year or after the rainy season, we can have tomatoes again because our pepper plant now is having lots of fruits with some ripening already and there is no sign of aphids. That's a good indication of things to come.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I love growing tomatoes and have for the past 10 years. I lost my garden as we put in a patio and pool last year. I'm hoping to start growing them again but using containers. I miss the harvesting of tomatoes in late August and making batches of tomato sauce. I miss the eating the fresh tomato sandwiches after having my kids pick the biggest reddest one from the garden to use. It's so much fun having a garden.

Ask a Question