Dandelions take over!

Reaction score
Wonderful thread... I have been facing the same issues here at my home. It seems that not only my yard, but neighbors on either side are having this dandelion infestation problem as well. I would go out and buy some form of chemical weed killer, but I'm so afraid that it could harm my pets. My 3 dogs absolutely enjoy eating, rolling around, and playing in the grass. If there is a very resourceful way to get rid of these stupid weeds that doesn't consist of using any harmful chemicals or at least chemicals that won't harm my animals that would be absolutely awesome to know! It's ridiculous! I mow one day the next they spring right back up.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Indiana and have the same problem. Spring rains will make my lawn which is 8 acres of grass, look like a sea of yellow. We have to get a jump on spreading weed and feed over the whole lawn. There would be no way of cutting or pulling dandelions from the huge yard we have! We usually get a couple 40lb bags of weed and feed to knock most of them out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Dandelions are edible you know. You can use the flower portion to make an amazing and healthy tea. The stalks and leaves can be cooked with salt, pepper, and butter for dandelion greens. They are very delicious and very nutritious. Rather than kill them, you could pick them and dry them out. Add them to your food as an added staple to your diet. Take advantage of what nature has given you.

Ask a Question