Covid-19 and Price Hikes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
So my order was dispatched 28th. Courier. FED EX. I recieved emails. Delivery will be before 1800hrs on the 29th. Then using the tracking system. Your goods are delayed. This annoyed me. Plants are always marked as such. Communication with FEd EX. Oh ye gods, I am talking to a bloody machine. My goods continue to be delayed. I ask why. Sorry does not compute. I try to send an email. Not accepted as I don't have all the required info. Latest. Your parcels will be delivered upto the end of the day. Obviously as it is now 01.29 30/7/21 I am still wide awake, and no goods.

Is this a vision of the future? Are we going to have to contend with speaking gibberish to a computer. Yes master. No master. Oh! go and unplug yourself. Answers on a post card.:cool:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my order was dispatched 28th. Courier. FED EX. I recieved emails. Delivery will be before 1800hrs on the 29th. Then using the tracking system. Your goods are delayed. This annoyed me. Plants are always marked as such. Communication with FEd EX. Oh ye gods, I am talking to a bloody machine. My goods continue to be delayed. I ask why. Sorry does not compute. I try to send an email. Not accepted as I don't have all the required info. Latest. Your parcels will be delivered upto the end of the day. Obviously as it is now 01.29 30/7/21 I am still wide awake, and no goods.

Is this a vision of the future? Are we going to have to contend with speaking gibberish to a computer. Yes master. No master. Oh! go and unplug yourself. Answers on a post card.:cool:
Mike, it could be to do with the Covid ping problem. Lots of places are severely short of staff at the moment including supermarkets and deliveries of stock for food etc.
The roses will have been packed really well, and should be fine. I have found fed ex deliveries superb up until date, so maybe a modicum of patience will be required........behave yourself :giggle:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:happy: Now I'm really proud of you! Have they arrived yet? If not I suggest you contact cottage memories and I'm sure they will get it sorted. There is a phone number to ring, or you can contact them online (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We are fortunate in that we don't need much that we don't have, and delivery problems are at a minimum. Mike, I understand your frustration at not receiving your shipment when promised, but Santa does the same thing!
We luckily have lots of tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers. We are distributing them to friends, with the only "cost"being a smile. I thought I overplanted this year--too much of everything--but counting the smiles, perhaps I planted just enough.:joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
:happy: Now I'm really proud of you! Have they arrived yet? If not I suggest you contact cottage memories and I'm sure they will get it sorted. There is a phone number to ring, or you can contact them online (y)
Yes, they arrived this afternoon. Many thanks for suggesting this company. As you said, each rose was well packed. I'd chosen eight potted roses, accidentally clicked two twice. No problem. I got soaked in the rain, opening them up. Many thanks again. :)

Ask a Question