Price for Blueberries

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Blueberries are just coming into season in Southern Ontario. The local markets are charging $5.00 per pint which is about one pound of berries.

Pick your own are not in full swing yet so I don't know the price.

Last year 2014 the charge for pick your own was $2.65 per pound.

I consider charge above about $3.00 per pond or a pint to be excessive. Also they will be a glut this years since the green crop is late but excellent quality.

What is the charge per pound or pint in your area?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Blueberries are expensive here that's why the blueberry cheesecake is a rarity in gatherings. Since it is imported, only the big groceries sell blueberries and at a high price. But in fairness, I have once tasted it and I'd say they are fresh. Whenever we go to Hongkong, my husband would buy a pack of blueberries for our snack. He always say that it is expensive here so might as well take advantage of the cheap price in Hongkong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My friend bought 1kg of blueberries for around $6.
Fortunately, I always get blueberries for free, because my parents grow them in their garden:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Right now blueberries are still expensive around here since I live in the city. The local store is charging $5.99 a pound, but if I wait for a little while later, the price will drop. I don't get to pick my own blueberries, but must go with store bought.

Reaction score
I've no idea how much they cost in my my country right now, because I know for a fact they are sooooo expensive. I've seen 150 grs, being sold for $2.50? or so if I recall right. In the Netherlands they seem much cheaper, I haven't checked the price, but my fiance bought them often, same with cherries, some people grow them there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Holy moly,that's almost $5.00 for 150 grams, which I think is less than a pint (which I'm currently getting for $1.25 at the supermarket.)
We Americans need to go metric already, along with pretty much the rest of the world.
If a US pint = 1 UK pound, & I don't know that it does, then that is very slightly over THREE TIMES the 150g (454g)
So multiply that price by three...

Ask a Question