Covid Update

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Digressing slightly.

Watching the BBC news this morning giving a Covid update, a reporter told us that many children now having to study at home are "laptopless." ffs.

Reminded me of a decades old American comedy programme where in a spoof news bulletin a reporter said "Due to the damage from the hurricane, many residents were left "condominiumless."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
xxxx.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We left home to travel two miles to "The Life Centre" in Sale at 5.15pm last night. We were home by 6.00pm including fifteen minutes of "hanging about" in the centre to make sure there were no adverse reactions.
It was very busy, but there was the minimum of admin and we were quickly dealt with. An example of "British efficiency," despite what some of the papers and social media might say. We were very impressed. Hardly noticed the jab. I know I've had one this morning, but no real discomfort.

Digressing a bit.
I guess sometimes you don't think of yourself as being old, if you are reasonably active.

I had this thought last night but didn't mention it, but my wife said it this morning. We often think alike.

"You know when we went to the "Life Centre" for our jabs last night?

"Yes."

"Do you remember what we said at the same time when fifteen years ago we went to see Acker Bilk at the Lowry?"
At this point I should mention that the last time we'd seen Acker Bilk's Jazz Band before was when we were eighteen, at the jazz club at the Eel Pie Island Hotel at Twickenham.

"As we took our seats at the Lowry Theatre we together said, 'This place is full of old people!'"

Ask a Question