coverings for fabric planters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to start a vegetable garden with my toddler and think we have found the perfect spot in the garden for this. We've bought some raised fabric planters as the soil in that area is not good but have a constant issue with next doors cat constantly spraying on the patch we want to use (and everywhere else in the garden). I've put some cat deterrent down but it doesn't seem to be doing much good. Can anyone recommend a covering for a round fabric planter that could protect our veges from being sprayed with cat pee everyday?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums @Gillym41 :) Do you mean this sort of thing ??
1619647945637.png
If so, you could ''plant'' some hoops over it and create a tunnel. You can make hoops with that blue pipe - I`ll see if I can find a picture ......

1619648212945.png
Something like this. It doesn`t have to have wood around the bottom. You can put skinny posts in the ground and fit the pipe over those.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums @Gillym41 :) Do you mean this sort of thing ?? View attachment 79017 If so, you could ''plant'' some hoops over it and create a tunnel. You can make hoops with that blue pipe - I`ll see if I can find a picture ......

View attachment 79018 Something like this. It doesn`t have to have wood around the bottom. You can put skinny posts in the ground and fit the pipe over those.

That is exactly what we have and the kind of solution I was after but couldn't for the life of me work out how to keep it up. Thank you!

Ask a Question