Weed fabric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I layed regular weed fabric, not tough weed fabric because of cost. The fabric was layed on a foot of mot that had a thin layer of mud on top of it. The fabric then had 3 inches of small decorative stone put on top. Are there any advantages to having used the thinner weed fabric??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you have a weed problem it doesn't really make much difference as neither of them will stop all weeds.

P

Peace perfect peace

I agree with Chuck,
It might help if you just ask yourself what any plants (and weeds are also plants 'just ones we dont want'
They all need light, air, water, and food / heat
If you take the light away then the plants wont live, and this is what your trying to do get rid of the weeds by using fabric and then covering with grit/stone
It wont work for long, The use of black plastic covering is very good, Ive used this and i bought it from the local builders yard,
It is a bit more costly than the weed fabric in the start of this project "But it works out cheaper in the long run,
It works, and if you put gravel/small stones over it a few inches deep they will soon settle down and the jobs done, It's less work to do ref weed problem, It looks good,
I didnt poke any holes in my area's and that was 15 yrs ago and all my vehicles ie Bentley car, wifes Nissan, John Deer ride-on and a small tractor/trailer all these are a regular usage of the area "daily one of these is driving over the black plastic and gravel covering, Its only now after all these years wear that it could do with a new covering of gravel.

Ask a Question