Pigmyweed care, help!

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia
I've been growing this plant for 3 years and I noticed its leaves started to change the color to pink brown and sort of cracked as you can see on the pic. I guess this color comes from sunlight exposure but not sure. Never used any compost. Direct sunlight is only from May to October between 6pm to 7:30pm. I water the plant 2-3 times a week. Please advice me how to care of this plant.
By the way, it is pigmyweed or crassula, right?

Attachments

• IMG_2530.JPG
    IMG_2530.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 383
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pigmyweed and crassula are the same. . Too much sun and not enough food can turn your crassula red or pink.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Mongolia
Thank you for the feedback, is 1-1:30 hours of daily sun exposure high? What is the best suited fertilizer I could use for it and how to use?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jade plants belong to the Crassula family and are generally easy to care for. Several species are sometimes seen labeled as jade plants in garden centers, but they share the same requirements. You have a jade plant and its not Pigmyweed. Jade plants turn red naturally; in many cases, there is no need to worry, while in others, you might need to worry. You need at least 4 hours of direct sunlight each day. I would hold off on the fertilizer because I think your plant is ok without it now. If you are watering 2 or 3 times a week I think that is too much and will cause problems. Let the soil have more dry time between waterings. When you water let a tiny bit come out the bottom of the container and stop. Don't let the plant set in water because I think over watering and not enough sun is causing the pink color.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Mongolia
Thank you very much!
So it is Jade! now I know. I'm afraid I can't give enough sunlight more than 2 hours a day because all my windows face north and only one faces west partially blocked by a next building. I will get an incandescent light. Watering is no problem, will follow your instruction.

Ask a Question