Covering broken flagstones cheaply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest a way of covering flagstones with an evergreen plant or another material cheaply?

Our garden is on two levels. The top area is patio with new tiles we have put down. This then runs into a flower bed with the old broken flagstones still bordering the other side. This then drops down to the lower garden, and we have clad this wall between the two levels in wood for creepers to grow up it.

The obvious solution is of course to use the same patio tiles on the top garden to cover over this long strip of old flagstones. However, prices have gone up considerably since we started the renovation and we're now looking at £900 + labour just to cover these flagstones with tiles to match our patio. Is there perhaps an evergreen plant we could use to cover the flagstones? I did think of moss but the area is not shaded so I don't think this would work.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome milly_r. :)

Are the old flagstones necessary? I would suggest removing them completely and replacing them with ground cover plants such as thyme, sedum or clover etc.

Pictures (if possible) of the area would be helpful please.

Ask a Question