Climbing roses-help!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Mary, (...snip...) your neighbor sounds heinous! That poor rose!!! I think you should go rescue it. He clearly doesn't want it, you should ask to dig it out and take it home.
....snip....
This is that poor rose, now. :( I tried to center it, look a little to the left of the rock!

0606161152a.jpg

@Lyoshka, he's a menace. That yard used to be so pretty, and he has systematically destroyed it. When he first bought it, he took a chainsaw, and cut off a limb from a beautiful old tree. :eek: Told me he was "fixing it up" so that he could "flip it." :mad:

Since buying it, he's totally eradicated an old trumpet vine, a forsythia bush, the jonquils and daffodils, the rose, and a patch of tiger lilies. She had a pretty little two-seater bench, surrounded by pea gravel, with periwinkles and lily-of-the-valley in patches around it. He took out the bench, and the plants...but left the pea gravel!! o_O (Because that makes the yard look nice... :rolleyes: ) I just don't get it.

He has since sold the house to his parents. Then his wife left him, so he's moved in with them.

If the rose had big flowers, I'd probably want it, but it has the tiny flowers...hmm...wild rose? Besides, I've been over twice to steal lily of the valley survivors :sneaky: , and I've already told them that when I move, I'll be taking the peonies between our yards, because I planted them!! :D (Which I did, with the permission of the nice old lady. Technically they are in his yard...)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The rose bloom is a beautiful color. I have people in my life that do not care for plants, just grass. My family removed the hydrangea bushes, the lilies and the junipers in the front. In the new house there were huge pink rose bushes that are now gone. I wish they had been saved.

Ask a Question