Citrus roots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The fruit is from last fall, it's rotten now.
IMG_7039.JPG
IMG_7040.JPG
IMG_7041.JPG
IMG_7042.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Im at 3 times a week for 10 minutes in each zone. Should I do 2 days?
An automatic watering system is OK for a lawn but not for plants and trees. For a lawn 1-2 inches every 7 -10 days is sufficient.. How much water is put out in 10 minutes? 1/4 inch? Your grass will have shallow roots and start to thin out when it gets hot. It is much better to encourage deep roots with a good deep soaking. To find out get some tuna fish cans and place them around the lawn when you water and see how long it takes to fill up the can. Then set your timer for that. For plants either a soaker hose or a drip system is the best. Plants do not like to be wet. Letting a plant dry 2 or 3 inches deep is what most of them like. For a tree once a month watering is sufficient after the tree is established. Remember a trees roots are much deeper and widespread than with most plants. As with plants a drip or soaker hose is best for established trees. For new small trees hand watering deeply out to the drip line two times a week is sufficient. When the soil is dry 2 or 3 inches deep it is time to water again. Keeping the soil wet will lead to all kinds of problems-----fungus, diseases, root rot etc. It is better to be to dry than too wet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think it's a Satsuma. At least that's what I was told. I thought it was a lime when it first started bearing fruit. I haven't had a ripe on yet.

Ask a Question