Carrots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I think my problem has been patience, I practically sit and wait for the carrots to grow so that I can eat them quickly. It is so exciting to eat something that you have grown yourself. I have very limited space in my back yard so the potted gardens on the patio work perfect for me.

Reaction score
I have never added sand to my soil. We have a community compost here in Grand Rapids MN. People bring there leaves and grass clippings there. There is always a pile to add to and a pile that is cured and ready for use. I do add a pickup load of the cured compost each year and that does help keep the soil loose.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I have never added sand to my soil. We have a community compost here in Grand Rapids MN. People bring there leaves and grass clippings there. There is always a pile to add to and a pile that is cured and ready for use. I do add a pickup load of the cured compost each year and that does help keep the soil loose.
It's drainage I'm after.

Ask a Question