Carolina reaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I live in the uk and I have two 10 month old carolina reaper which have been grown indoors untill mid march. They are now outdoors in buckets and seem to have too many leaves.
Do these look ok? 20170702_084524.jpg 20170702_084540.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Too much nitrogen = foliage and few blooms. The plant also shows signs of a little too much water. Overall the plant looks great. Just stop adding nitrogen and give them a little time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok but the funny thing is ive added nothing to them apart from water, yeah maybe too much.
It isn't how much water you water them with it is how often. When the plant is wilted in the morning it is time to thoroughly and deeply water. But being in a container you must check every morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Doing better than me pal
20170701_142934.jpg
..I'm still trying to get the buggers to germinate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So you reckon there is a high failure rate with these then?
I didn't have a problem germinating them, my problem was keeping them alive. I germinated 24 of them and they got to about their 4th set of true leaves and then the entire leave portion just disappeared. Nothing on the soil left behind, nothing. They were inside too. It had to have been a mouse. Anyway that was all the seed I had. I'll get some more this fall and try again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Think a lot of peoples problems is the quality of seeds in the first place.
I think the quality of seeds is the main culprit in failure to germinate. Just because a pepper is red doesn't necessarily mean that it is mature. I get my seeds from a semi-local grower who lets his HOT peppers start to dry on the plant before he harvests them. All of the seeds I get from him have at least a 95% germination rate. I also use bottom heat @ 80F soil temperature too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think the quality of seeds is the main culprit in failure to germinate. Just because a pepper is red doesn't necessarily mean that it is mature. I get my seeds from a semi-local grower who lets his HOT peppers start to dry on the plant before he harvests them. All of the seeds I get from him have at least a 95% germination rate. I also use bottom heat @ 80F soil temperature too.
I think I need to get more deep down and dirty with these and get a proper temp regulated propagator and some 6500k daylight tubes (which I already have in)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had trouble getting my Carolina reaper seeds to germinate too. I hope those that survived give me some good peppers.

Ask a Question