Canning: Do you do it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
When I was young my mother canned a lot of things, from tomatoes, green beans, field peas, fruit, even potatoes. I did some canning after I got married but sort of fell away from it later. I am starting again. I do have a problem though. I haven't found a canner that is compatible with my ceramic top range. I would like a pressure canner since it is more versatile. Does anyone know if they make a counter top pressure canner that plugs in instead of being on the stove, similar to the Instapots that are popular?
I know of three electric pressure cookers and canners. One is made by Ball called the Ball Fresh Tech Auto. Another is made by Carey called the Carey DPC-9ss Smart Pressure Cooker. And the last is Power Pressure Cooker XL 10 qt. The first two CAN be a bit pricy but you normally get what you pay for. I bought the Power Pressure for my daughters xmass present. I should have purchased one of the other two. A lot of times Amazon have the two pricy ones on sale.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Helped can when I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin. These days what dose not make it past being eaten fresh gets frozen.

Ask a Question